Advanced Folder Management (Smart Folders)
Folders are used to store and organize documents. Folders may contain any number of documents in a wide variety of file formats. Folders are also subject to their own security settings. That is, users may be granted or denied access to individual folders.
- Configurable Folder Management Rules
- Automatic Custom Property prompts for new documents.
- Folder Based Security - Inheritable security permissions.
- Folder Subscriptions
- Folder Audit Trails.
- Folder Statistics.
- Folder Compacting. An effective management tool to handle excessive version counts.
- Alternative document list view types (List, Details, Comments, Workflows, Thumbnails, Versions, View Log).
- Folder Custom Properties to assist in folder classification and search. Multiple property sets can be applied multiple times to folders.
- Smart Folders remember user personalization's and preferences (columns, sort orders, view types etc.)
- Supports a nested "folder" storage and retrieval model, similar to a standard file system
- Allows more than one "Root" folder (Document Libraries).
- Allows renaming and moving of folders without losing history of documents within the folder.
- Sets no limit on the number of folders.
To find out more about Folder Management in infoRouter, visit our help pages that explain Working with Folders in detail.