infoRouter provides ISO Document Control features that are required for any organization seeking certification with ISO. Documentation control and total quality management (TQM) is a must to get and maintain an ISO certification.
What is required for document control
- Controlled documents must be available to all stake holders
- Controlled documents must be protected
- Document naming must be consistent
- Documents must be in readable format
- Documents must be approved
- They must be periodically reviewed and a record of the review must be preserved
- Must be securely distributed to all authorized users
- Permissions must be properly set and controlled against unauthorized edits or deletion
- When changed, there must be a process in place to approve the final version
- All edits to the document must be logged and document versions must be identifiable by the person who made the change and when they made it
- Must be retained, archived and properly disposed when no longer needed
How does infoRouter address ISO Document Control requirements?
- Documents are always available to authorized users. The powerful search features allows users to instantly locate documents.
- infoRouter's military grade security protects documents against unauthorized access
- Documents are named once. Authorized users can access current and previous versions
- infoRouter supports all formats and manages documents in their native format
- infoRouter workflows support the review and approval of documents
- infoORuter has a built-in recurring review mechanism to alert users or user groups that they must review documents
- The distribution system in infoRouter allows documents to be routed to the right people withn the organization
- infoRouter security system allows granular permissions to be assigned to documents and folders
- Approved versions are served until unapproved versions go through the proper channels to get approved
- An extensive audit trail is kept on all documents for every single action taken on a document
- infoRouter Retention and Disposition Schedules protect documents against accidental deletion while obsolete documents are disposed afetr their useful life is over
Periodic scheduled review of ISO Procedure Documents
Anyone involved in ISO certification and quality management, knows that one of the most difficult tasks is building a mechanism in which procedure documents are managed and periodically reviewed. ISO compliance can only be maintained with the help of an industrial strength document management system.
infoRouter ISO periodic review module allows authorized user to mark documents for periodic review. When a document is marked for periodic review, infoRouter keeps track of these documents and sends out review requests to the right people when the review is required.
The review task is tracked and user comments are recorded for audit purposes.
ISO Periodic Review of Documents - Usage Scenario
Organizations have a need to review their documents from time to time, maybe all the time. The process of reviewing documents is a manual process that often fails.
Pricing documents, especially those that are exposed online or regularly sent to customers and vendors are a good example of documents that need constant review. Imagine the embarrassment involved with incorrect pricing documents circulating to customers and vendors. Not to mention the legal liabilities such an error can cause.
This example illustrates how one company has implemented a simple solution with infoRouter to automate the periodic reviews of their procedures and documents as required by their certification for ISO 9000 - 9001.
The following describes a series of steps, a company performed using infoRouter to achieve their ISO certification.
- A folder was created to contain procedure documents
- Sub-folders were organized to group procedures related to different company activities.
- Each sub-folder was assigned a periodic review task.
- All documents were marked with a periodic review task.
- The periodic review task called for a user review every 3 months.
- infoRouter sent out automatic reminders by the defined reminder date to alert the user to an upcoming (required) review for each of the documents.
- Users are expected to review such documents by the defined timeline.
- The review tasks repeat themselves until the task is removed.
A more complex scenario where the review involves more than one person.
- A folder was created to contain pricing documents for various products the company manufactures
- All documents were marked with a periodic review task.
- The periodic review task automatically kicked-off a workflow.
- The workflow involved a series of steps where multiple tasks for multiple users were pre-defined.
- Each task and comment is captured and logged for future audits.
- The review tasks repeats itself firing off the same workflow in the defined intervals
- The process continues until the task is removed.
Did You Know That...
Over 1 million organizations in over 170 countries enjoy the benefits of ISO certification?
infoRouter can not only assign a task to an individual to perform the review, it can even automatically start a complex workflow which will ensure that a marked document goes through a series of tasks assigned to multiple individuals. The entire process is tracked and logged so you can easily see the history of the ISO document review process.
The periodic review features can be used in cases where ISO does not apply. Internal procedures, pricing documents and other types of documents that need to be reviewed on a regular basis can be marked for periodic review.
For information on Regulatory compliance and why ISO Quality Control should matter, visit infoRouter Regulatory Compliance Solutions