infoRouter Email scanner is a tool that is designed to monitor multiple Email accounts hosted at any POP3 server. The emails sent to these accounts are automatically pulled into designated infoRouter folders for storage and distribution.
Even non-infoRouter users can send emails to these monitored email accounts and have their emails automatically appear in infoRouter. The email attachments are also stored in emails. infoRouter is capable of indexing the attachments so when users search for a content phrase, infoRouter will be able to return email documents in the search results.
Email Scanner Usage Scenarios and Examples:
Configure Email Scanner to watch all emails to the email@example.com email account
- All emails are routed to an infoRouter folder
- Sales personnel are setup as subscribers to the folder
- All personnel are notified of the incoming email through the subscription mechanism.
Configure Email Scanner to watch all emails to the firstname.lastname@example.org email account
- All invoices are routed to the incoming invoices folder
- An Accounts Payable clerks is notified of the incoming invoice
- The clerk submits the invoice to an invoice approval workflow
Configure Email Scanner to watch all emails to the email@example.com email account
- Help requests sent via emails are routed to an infoRouter folder.
- Each help request is routed to workflows
- This way, instead of the email getting stuck in one inbox, multiple individuals are notified.
The idea behind this simple but clever tool is to capture critical email so that the email and it's contents can be managed and routed to the right people. Why risk critical email being stuck in someone's inbox?
Managing emails does not have to be complicated.
For more information on how this tool can be setup and implemented, please refer to this guide:
To read more about Email Scanner and how it is setup, visit the following pages