This case describes a usage scenario where a special software called Formscape was used to read mainframe spool files. The spool files were converted to PDF format.
This allowed the customer to upload these invoice files into the infoRouter Document Management software making the invoices instantly accessible to authorized infoRouter users.
How was this done?
- Mainframe spool files were converted to text by the Formscape software.
- Individual invoice files were created in the Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Meta data was created from the converted text.
- The text was mined for special information such as Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Invoice Amount, Customer etc.
- An XML file was created using the mined text
- The invoice (PDF) file and the matching XML file was stored in a special folder watched by infoRouter
- Using the infoRouter Document Management software API, the files were imported into infoRouter.
- The Smart Import feature of infoRouter then published the invoice files in the targeted infoRouter folder.
- During the publishing process, infoRouter populated the custom property fields of the invoice documents with the information provided in the matching XML meta data files.
- Because PDF invoice files are inherently searchable in infoRouter, text contained in these files were immediately searchable using the content search feature of the infoRouter Document Management system.
- The meta data that was used to populate the custom document properties were also made available for search.
- Users were able to perform search queries like "All invoice files for customer XYZ where the invoice amount was greater than 1000"
Click here to go back to Case Studies, Solutions and Usage Scenarios