Knowledge management is the explicit management of vital knowledge and information possessed by individuals so that it is
effectively shared and used by others in the organization. Through the effective sharing of corporate intellectual capital,
Organizational Knowledge must be efficiently transformed into business intelligence.
Personal knowledge involving a business process has to be turned into corporate knowledge so that it can used
to the benefit or the organization and applied throughout with consistency.
The primary function of a Knowledge Management System should be to make information available to authorized users. However, implementing a simple
information management, document indexing and retrieval system is only the beginning. Capturing corporate knowledge involves more than software and technology,
it requires a strong document management software and cultural transformation of how information is generated, processed, stored, distributed and turned into innovation.
The infoRouter Content and Document Management Software platform allows quick and efficient access to corporate information and intellectual assets.
Choosing the right Knowledge Management System that provides tools in every step of the corporate knowledge generation, capture and
distribution is important.
Knowledge Management is a process that has to have wide support and sponsorship within an organization to succeed. A case for a full
commitment must be made . As a starting point a strong and proven technology platform should be deployed.
Corporate knowledge should be documented by knowledge managers and organizational knowledge should be made accessible using information
technologies. The strategy and ultimate target should be to become a "Learning Organization".
One of the primary focuses of the infoRouter is, easy and quick access to information.
Our platform promotes an environment where information is quickly found and re-used, not re-created.
The powerful Search and Categorization mechanism and the integrated "Knowledge Portals" help users to quickly retrieve fresh content.
How can infoRouter help you with Knowledge Management
- Promotes sharing and collaboration of corporate knowledge and intellectual assets.
- Easy access to fresh and timely content
- Notification mechanism that alerts knowledge workers to new and edited documents
- Robust tools to search and retrieve existing information and knowledge so that this information can be reused and not regenerated.
- Classification and Categorization of information for easy access and retrieval.
- Meta Data Definitions so that documents and information can be accessed quickly based on consistent corporate criteria.
- Templates to create information so that all information reflects the familiar corporate standards.
- Knowledge Management Portals to distribute timely content
- An effective Notification system that creates an informed community of users.
- An environment that supports and allows a community of users to contribute information and knowledge.